Flush, Pressurize, Test and Adjust the System*
TIP: Pressure testing is essential.
- Fill, flush and pressure-test mainlines to check for leaks, then make any necessary repairs and re-test. Repeat for submains.
- Adjust submain control valves so that downstream pressure will not exceed lateral line maximums.
* These steps should take place AFTER the system has been completely installed and BEFORE lateral lines have been connected to the submains.
Connect Lateral Lines to Submains*
TIP: Don't over-pressurize or clog emission devices.
- Open the submain flush valves and the ends of all lateral lines.
- Connect the lateral lines to the submain and flush until clean.
- Close flush valves and allow the system to stabilize at operating pressure.
- Re-adjust all submain block valves as necessary to conform to design pressure specifications.
* Laterals must be connected properly to the submains to prevent leaks, kinking or clogging.